Social media being everywhere has started to affect and change how we think and act in many ways. AsapSCIENCE has this nifty video on how social media is rewiring our brain functions. Here are 5 ways how it’s changing how we perceive, interact, and react to the world.
- Addiction: The immediate rewards from social media with little effort required is refocusing our attention, emotions, and decision making into processing neurological excitement following these interactions.
- Multi-tasking: It’s now harder to switch between tasks and remember information with our collective constant sense of distraction.
- Phantom vibrations syndrome: Our brains are interpreting an “itch” for social media interactions psychologically through perceived notifications.
- Self-involvement: Social media has heightened our own views and experiences thanks to a built-in of audience as we receive instant feedback from talking about ourselves constantly.
- Relationships: Partners actually favour meeting first online with its anonymity and honesty about expectations.
(via SocialTimes)Read More