Inbound marketing is a strategy used by marketers to generate the attention of customers that are in need of your business, as opposed to the traditional methods of contacting customers by buying email lists, print ads, cold calling, and other forms of outbound marketing.
Inbound: Any marketing tactic that relies on earning people’s interest instead of buying it.
- Communication is interactive and two-way.
- Customers come to you via search or refferals.
- Marketers provide value.
- Marketer seeks to entertain and/or educate.
Outbound: Any marketing that pushes products or services on customers.
- Communication is one-way.
- Customers are sought out via print, TV, radio, banner advertising, cold calls.
- Marketer provides little to no added value.
- Marketer rarely seeks to entertain or educate.